Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Secret project revealed!

So I finally have some downtime to blog again! :) Nannying is getting easier which is good! So some bummer things happened in the last few days... I wasn't chosen for the pageant this year... I was really upset when it happened, but when I was able to talk to Nathan about it, I felt more comfortable with the situation. He always knows how to make me feel better and knows the right things to say. And I know that God has a bigger plan for me.

Home made guac! Thansk ralphs for 3/99cents avocado!

I can't help it, I am a prisoner to Lemonade

Tried a breakfast place in Santa Monica on Ocean Park  with Amy :) [Zabies]

Lentils with poached egg

Didn't make this but isn't this the cutest idea!!! Oreo cookie in the center
But other than that, life has been great. I get to cook and try new things, which keep me busy. Nathan is able to call every once in a while, which is nice, but I definitely miss him a lot. I just hate that he has to miss all these moments in my life, but as long as he's safe, my heart is sound.

This past weekend, my friend Amy took me out on an adventure around LA! It was wonderful because even though I've gone to school here for 4 years, I really am not exposed to ALL of LA, and now I have so many new places I want to visit with Nathan when he gets back! We went to this one cake/ice cream shop called "Milk" Here is the Yelp for it
I loveddd their grass hopper which was a mint macaron ice cream sandwich with mint chocolate chip ice cream, and dipped in chocolate. DELICIOUS! And their sorbets taste like real fruit, its insane! It was like literally eating a frozen mango. I can't wait to try more little cute places in LA!
The store front!

Mmmm... so many options! Like the famous blue velvet cake!

"grass hopper"

Not at MILK, but at a small bakery in Irvine called Bon epi :)
So I'm trying to, every time I go to Whole Foods to get something I've never tried before. Because we all know Whole Foods has some really funky stuff! So this time I tried this "Iced Bhakti Chai" and it was DELICIOUS!!! I was debating getting Kombucha, but I'm glad I decided on something new.

Alright, so I know it's a big secret, but I made Nathan this video. And although now that its on YouTube he may find out about it, but I actually don't mind too much because he'll probably see it faster that way instead of waiting a month to get the hard copy! So I filmed this when I was at a family friends party, and it was inspired by another girls video to her Marine. I had so much fun editing the film, I can't wait to make another one! It's not professional or anything, just on iMovie but I think it'll make him very happy :) So Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=727m3Bwa8fw&context=C4af0793ADvjVQa1PpcFPb8zsnCwWyT-UP73wmMuNVhAx_H-h9e-I%3D

No comments:

Post a Comment