Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Package #3 is on it's way!

The last few days I've just been relaxing with my family. Went shopping, bought a few dresses and ate some really yummy food! Sushi twice in one week, I am SPOILED! I sent out CP #3 today! He told me that you can pretty much send anything, so I added some things he can try to use in his Jetboil. I sent him some soup, some "just add water" mashed potatoes and some rice (he can get creative with that). And of course some yummy snacks, a magazine, and some more paper so he can write me more letters! hehe I got a phone call from him last night which was wonderful, I just love hearing his voice, especially his laugh. I LOVE making him laugh, it makes me feel like I'm helping ease the stress of being away for him.
I'm super cheesy... lol

I know he's going to like this!!!

Some filipino food at the mall! BBQ pork, chicken curry, pansit and fried rice

Abalone sushi. Crunchy! nom!
I also stopped by a used-book store today. I could literally spend hours just browsing through books. Not just the novels and stuff, but the self-help ones (because let's be real, it wouldn't hurt to read those!), cook books, do-it yourself, journals, planning books etc. Here are some interesting ones I found!
Veggie patties can do no wrong!

Doesn't every girl kind of wish to do this?! 
Read Skinny Bitch! It'll make you want to go Vegan...for a day. 
I ended up buying one book and a DVD. The book I bought is called the Blue Notebook. It's a novel about a 15 year old girl from rural India who is sold into sexual slavery by her father. It sounds great, and Khaled Hosseini had some good things to say about it and i LOVED The Kite Runner. It was only $1!!!And then I got a little something for Nay. So 3 years ago, on our first real date, we went to go see "Four Christmases"(which by the way if you haven't seen it, is HILARIOUS), and that was the night we both decided that we wanted to go to the snow together and he promised he'd take me. And I think that was the moment I knew I was going to fall in love with this guy. And whadddayaknow, I sure did! So I'll be sending those along with some other DVD's like my film I did! :)
Love this movie!
If you are reading this I just want to end with PLEASE PLEASE send your thoughts and prayers for the boys of 2/5 Echo Company. They'll really need it this week. <3

Lots of love & Semper Fi <3



No comments:

Post a Comment