Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Back from Spring Break, first day of real life...


Hello! It's been forever! Well there's been a lot of fun things happening in my life lately, but I guess i can start with Spring Break. I went on a Carnival Cruise with my sorority sisters to Ensenada, Mexico. It was an AMAZING time but I think that will be the last time I will be going on a cruise. haha. I just could not handle the rocking of the boat. I was talking to Nathan on the phone about it and he just said, "Well, I guess I can cross of cruise off of my list of things to do with you." haha sorry babe! But it was a great week of fun and drinking with my best friends in the world. I can't wait for annual trips with my girls once we all graduate!
Our first drinks on the cruise! Ole!

Trying some escargot!

lovely Emma being sugary and sneaky!

Vanessa, Me, Mori, Emma, and Lena at the Bufadora!

Serenading us with our stashes!

Delta Love!
So now that I'm back from my cruise and out of school, I have one week of "doing nothing" slash mostly updating my resume, cover letter, applying for a job... being a real person. *sigh* But something I've always been into that I decided to incorporate more into my blog is all the yummy foods I eat! I have an obsession with taking pictures of my food, and I know there definitely is a community of people who like looking at pictures of food haha. So here are are some yummy foods I've had lately:

Sushi at Koto! 
Chirashi

Indian food at a wedding! Macarons <3

"Yuzu-Omoi" Yuzu juice and Sake

Sushi Chef!

Oyster shooters: OMG I'm in love

"Ankimo" Monkfish liver

Yellowtail

Maguro
Uni
Softshell crab roll

Spring roll, Shrimp Vemicelli, and Fried Rice

Lemonade: Salmon, Ahi-tuna and cabbage, mango thing? haha

AMAZING dinner at Lemonade: Spicy Tuna sandwich, Kale salad, Lentils and apple salad


Take home box! Definitely coming back again.
Homemade Tempura! Ika, Oba, and Renkon
Homemade sashimi salad!
So I love food. haha But for my birthday, one of my best friends took me out to this restaurant in Brentwood called "Lemonade". Here's the Yelp reviews. It is DELICIOUS! and so healthy. You definitely walk out of there feeling very organic and you did your body good. :) And then the rest of the night I went out with my sisters and had a great time celebrating 22. :)

I'm starting to prep for the Tri Delta Care Package making party for the 2/5 boys! I'm so excited and from what I hear, that's ALL the boys have been excited about!! It makes me happy knowing that we're able to bring a little bit of sunshine into their lives. I'll be doing the party on April 23rd!

I also got news of the Mid-way party for the boys deployment!!! I AM SO SO SO excited!!! It's not till June, but it's still something to look forward to and it'll be like the Journey song. "Ohhhhhhh, we're half way thereeeee!"

Missing you love!
Now he can have multiple little pictures of us!

So I've been meaning to send Nathan a miniature wallet size picture for his front little pouch thing, but then his mom told me about MyPublisher. Seriously amazing! For less than $4.00 you can make a 20 page wallet size picture scrapbook! It's a really easy program, you just choose the pictures you want in the booklet, and the program basically does it all for you! So definitely a great idea for deployment Marines, because its small enough where they can carry it around anywhere!

The Hyatt hotel ballroom
"Enchanted Forest" theme :)


Wedding seasons back! That means assisting weddings again!! I had an amazing internship with a wedding coordinating company this past summer and now I get the lovely pleasure of working with them! I worked my first wedding for 2012 this past weekend and working these really gives me a lot of ideas for my own future wedding! And seeing the real thing is much more interesting than Pinterest! (Although, Pinterest is STILL amazing) I definitely want to save up for some sort of open bar and DEFINITELY hiring a videographer that does same-day edits. I watched their same-day edit for this wedding and I was going to cry! And I didn't even know the couple! Ah, weddings are spectacular.

Alright, enough is enough! Time to go look for a job!

Lots of love and Semper Fi <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment