Monday, May 7, 2012

Can't even remember the last time I blogged!

Oh my goodness, it has been too long since the last time I blogged! SO much has happened, and so many good things at that!! Well, first of all, a few weeks ago we did a Care Package making party for the boys of 2/5. Instead of sending them to random boys in his unit, I decided to take down some names of some of his friends to send to, that way it was way more personal. I was really lucky, and was able to use the help of my sorority sisters in making 9 amazing packages for the boys. We had so much fun making the packages, writing letters, taking pictures! Such a great way to bond with the sisters and do something nice for the boys over seas.
Nathans fans! :)

Oh heyy boys!

Silly!

One of the many care packages we sent!

Packing it all up!

yums for their tums!

Tri Delta loves the boys of 2/5
So that was exciting! And then I got to go to STAGE COACH- the worlds greatest country music concert! I had an amazing weekends with an amazing group of girls, and literally fell in love SO MANY TIMES over the weekends. Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Justin Moore, Miranda Lambert, Sara Evans, Martina McBride, The Band Perry, Sheryl Crow.. just to name a few. :) Lots of boozing and relaxing, I can't wait for next year!
The girls for the weekend!

A MAZING stage

Take me back already...
Whoa derr!

Tri Delta <3
But one of the greatest things happened yesterday. Nathan FACETIMED ME! I saw my boyfriends face for the first time in 2 months!!! It was AMAZINGG!!!!!!!! I was literally shaking while I was talking to him. Who would have thought, just seeing someones face moving would make you THIS happy!! Ahh, he is truly SO SO gorgeous!!
the LOVE OF MY LIFE!



Another fun thing I did was a sushi making party with 2 of my girlfriends, and we also did home made shabu shabu. I love doing cooking parties because 1. it's ALWAYS cheaper than going out for food, 2. COOKING IS FUN! 3. fun bonding experience. Then we watched "We Bought a Zoo" AND let me tell you, get some kleenex if you are going to watch that movie. The last scene is the killer!!!
Shabu shabu in the middle! Sushi on the right

Sushi station!
Lastly, so I'm pretty dang proud of myself for the latest care package. So I decided to make this one, the super random but useful stuff package. :) I know he was saying he was kind of getting sick of the candy, so I tried to send him some substancial food and some things to add flavor to his meals. I enjoyed it very much making this one, because I felt like it was stuff that really mattered. AND I added the video that I made for him and of course our very first movie together :)
Literally, I spoil the kid

Hygeine kit!

Apple sauce! How cool!

entertainment :)

Flava flave!

All packed and ready to go!

And my nice check list as always!
Things have been pretty awesome lately, and I think it's because God is great, and he truly is blessing us all the time, to show us his love. :) Obviously, not every day is fun, most days I just wish my boyfriend was here with me, but I'm learning to adjust with it. Him being able to iMessage me for a few days is definitely making the last few days REALLY easy for me. It's just like old times :) I can't wait until he is finally home and we can start our lives together.

Lots of love and Semper Fi <3





No comments:

Post a Comment